Meeting with a couple of realtors when you know you’ll be moving in the next 6 months is a smart move, as it allows you to start the process early and be well-prepared for your move. As always, LivNow recommends meeting with more than one Realtor to gain valuable insights into the market so you can maximize your home sale value. Here are some things to take into consideration when timing your meeting with realtors:
1. Start Early: Meeting with a realtor well in advance, ideally 3-6 months before you intend to put your home on the market, gives you ample time to prepare, plan, and make informed decisions.
2. Assess Your Needs: Discuss your specific needs and preferences with the realtor during the initial meeting. This includes your timetable, expectations for showings, desired closing date, etc. They can help you determine your home sale timeline.
3. Market Analysis: A realtor can provide you with a market analysis of the area so you can gather a good understanding of what your home will sell for and how long it might take to sell it. This will help you determine when you should put the home on the market in consideration of your personal timeline.
4. Preparation: The realtor can advise you on any necessary preparations, such as painting, decluttering, cleaning, repairs, etc. that would improve your home’s marketability and potential sale price. You can refer to LivNow’s article “How to Start Preparing Your Home for Market Today’ on our website.
5. Timing: Discuss your ideal moving timeline with the realtor. The Realtor and LivNow Relocation Specialist can help you set realistic expectations for when you should list your home for sale.
6. Negotiation Strategies: Your realtor can advise you on pricing strategies and negotiation techniques and what is commonly taking place in your market.
7. Legal and Contractual Guidance: A realtor can explain the legal aspects and contracts involved in selling a property, ensuring that you understand your rights and obligations.
Remember that the specific timing for listing your home may vary based on your local real estate market conditions and your individual circumstances. When you meet with one of LivNow’s Certified Realtors they will help you determine the most likely sale price for your home and what, if anything, you might need to do to prepare your home for market even if you don’t plan to actively list your home for up to 6 months. This will help make for a smoother process when the time comes to sell your home.
Your LivNow Relocation Specialists will make sure to introduce you to two LivNow Certified top producing agents in your market.